The original Trust of Coronation Eventide Homes was set up in 1936 after an appeal by the then Lord Mayor of Portsmouth to mark the Coronation of King George the Sixth and Queen Elizabeth to build homes for the poor and needy of Portsmouth.
The first 24 cottages were occupied in 1939 at a rent of 4/- per week and two further cottages were donated by the Rotary Club of Portsmouth and Southsea just after the war.
The Homes became a Housing Association in 1963 and the flats in Phoenix Square were started in 1965 with the third block being completed in 1969.
The Communal Block and 13 bungalows were completed in 1983 followed by St Francis Court in 1989. Two further bungalows were completed in 2004, this gives a total of 78 units, a wardens flat and communal room.
All the properties are one bedroom, with a lounge, kitchen and bathroom. Only the cottages and Phoenix Square flats are suitable for couples.
Registered with the Homes and Communities Agency No: L4207 as a ‘Registered Provider’, Company Registered No. 3488197 and Charity Registered No. 1067408.